Headquarters: New York, NY
Proactively run sourcing campaigns: recruit programmers+execs for VC-backed tech startups & relentlessly automate the boring parts.
Day to day, this means
- turn our job postings into attractive, clean, mobile-friendly webpages
- Writing dynamic content for the webpages and outreach campaigns in an earnest voice that conveys mutual interest, respect by doing the preparation work, and thoughtfulness.
- Improving our CMS
- Following our internal checklist to set-up ad campaigns to advertise the jobs
- Research candidates on LinkedIn with boolean searches and then customize our proprietary chrome extension to precisely narrow the data set to client requirements, so that everyone we are contacting is highly likely a good fit for the job (on paper). Note: we embrace the fundamental human element of recruiting; we do our best to meet clients in person and have heuristics for translating company "vibes" into precise search requirements
- Doing misc technical and software engineering work to enrich information and enable us to run sourcing requirements precisely to clients' culture and requirements
We need someone who's smart and thinks critically. We need someone who is punctual and reliable, who takes ownership and gets results and has the courage to challenge and improve our processes if they think there is a better way. We need someone who is hungry for success but has the personal boundaries and self-discipline to lead a sustainable, spiritually fulfilling life. Culturally, it's essential that you have some professional programming experience, either full-time or as a freelancer. Other than that, there are no rules, and we hope to welcome you into our eclectic culture.
This is a remote job. You are expected to be available for at least four hours between 10am and 6pm USA Eastern Time.
- Native-level English fluency and flawless grammar (it's okay if you're aided by Grammarly, as long as you're consistent in using it!)
- HTML and CSS knowledge – comfortable adapting responsive templates
- Power use of web software (i.e. you know the hotkeys for many apps; you are comfortable using Zapier in complex ways if necessary)
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Comfortable programming Node.js ... (We write TypeScript .. we'll train you in TypeScript if you don't have production experience yet)
- You must have authorization to work with a USA company but may be located anywhere in the world.
- Great-to-have (optional): Some experience managing Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns
Initially, cash as 1099 contractor on a per-campaign basis, plus success fee revenue share commissions.
And, cash fees for feature development plus negotiable equity at 2x the difference between your cash comp and your market rate.
If we quickly generate results, convert to FTE with standard benefits via Gusto.
How To Apply
You'll need a clean, pdf format version of your resume. Then, take that pdf and convert it into HTML and CSS...nothing fancy, but make the page look exactly like the pdf. Send an email with your resume in pdf format and a link to the live webpage version. We promise to respond to everyone who applies within these parameters and meets our requirements!
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org