Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a student-facing, semi-technical and administrative role on the Student Success team, reporting to the Student Affairs Manager. As a Student Affairs Coordinator, you’ll serve as a point of contact for Team Leads (TLs) and provide TLs with the tools they need to support students. Additionally, you’ll provide assessment evaluations of student performance, play a key role in creating student success plans, and manage student feedback loops.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- TL Recruitment, Training, & Development
- Support TL program by aiding in the sourcing, interviewing, training, and management of TL and Section Lead (SL) candidates
- Using key metrics, identify and follow-up with TLs who need additional support and training
- Help facilitate TL training and weekly All-Hands with TLs by planning, hosting, and following through with discussion items
- Standardize 1:1 meeting process including tooling, training, and accountability
- TL Program Administration
- Create and strengthen supporting documentation for SLs and TLs
- Address TL & SL student escalations and aid in conflict resolution
- Work to uphold the assessment of student progress by collaborating with TLs, SLs, and instructors
- Standardize SL processes, tooling, and communication channels, including weekly meetings
- Establish and maintain timely communication with TLs and SLs
- Host assemblies with TLs to communicate changes and improvements to the program
- Student Success Support
- Aid in on-going improvements to processes and systems
- Collaborate with Student Success Coordinators to uphold unit assessments
- Help address feedback from students, TLs, and instructors
- Manage quality control initiatives within student groups and student databases
- Identify and implement improved data collection processes
- Identify processes with high touch-points and implement automated improvements
Qualities, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong background in management and conflict resolution
- Detail-oriented and diligent about following up
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present to large groups and tailor messaging to different audiences
- Experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives and efforts
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.