The primary focus of this Senior Software Developer (Full-Stack) – Core is coding creative, scalable distributed software that enhances our products.
You’ll tackle multiple projects with your fellow developers from conception to market release on both new features and new product offerings. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
While this description is the best guess of HR and your manager at your regular job duties here at NAVIS, your role is so much bigger - ensuring we live our corporate values daily, delighting our clients and continually delivering products to market.
Top Three Outcomes for Year One
- Quickly come up to speed on our core systems, our new platform, and our technical stack.
- Work with and lead the team in technical solutions to deliver market leading software and guide initiatives to evolve the core services supporting the platform.
- Become a knowledge leader in our core platform services to drive conversations on upcoming projects and architecture
What You’ll Do
- Analyze, identify, and solve highly complex issues in a B2B multi-tenanted SaaS Platform disrupting the Booking Travel Industry
- Be a team member or lead on a Scrum/Agile software team delivering both UI and Microservices
- Be accountable for technical discovery, solution design, prototyping, implementations
- Evolve NAVIS’ engineering standards, architecture, and processes
- Provide technical mentorship to and fellowship with junior and peer level engineers.
What You Bring
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in Java Spring Boot, Python, C# .NET Core, one or more RDBMS’s, and Microservice Architecture
- Demonstrated experience working with Docker, Postgres, SQL Server, NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or MongoDB, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Cloud Services (especially compute services both hosted & serverless)
- Strong in SOLID principles of object-oriented design patterns and data structures
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in or desire to work in a remote-first workplace
- Experience developing Distributed Systems in an Agile SDLC
- Experience working with several AWS services (Eg: EC2, S3, Lambda, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Elasticsearch, RDS, and Redshift)
- Four years of development experience in Java with Spring Boot, .NET, or .NET Core
- Familiarity with Clojure a plus
- Experience serving as technical or team lead a plus
Full-time remote working in Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, or Texas
Excited?! Want to learn more? Apply Now!
At NAVIS, our Core Values are:
- Golden Rule: I treat others as I want to be treated
- Integrity: I am a person of my word and highly trusted
- Innovation: I create solutions for difficult business problems
- Performance: I am part of an ambitious team and my results matter
- Attitude: I am a positive influence; I love my team and the work we do
NAVIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)