We are currently seeking a developer experienced both in Angular and willing to work on alternate technology stacks (such as Ruby/Rails or mobile technologies, whether native or Xamarin).
The combination of willingness and capability is crucial here because we both need your platform specific Angular experience, but much of our work involves other platforms (i.e., there's not enough Angular specific work to keep anyone 100% occupied). As such, the emphasis is on Angular, but willingness to extend beyond Angular is required.
This is a remote position.
The ideal candidate is analytical, highly organized, and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering modern application solutions (particularly Angular/Ruby or web-based technologies). Beyond strong technical skills, we are looking for someone with mature communication skills and the desire to be a part of a cooperative development effort.
Initially you'll be part of a dedicated project team configuring and developing a custom health science platform for drug trials. This role will grow into opportunities to work on other tech stacks and other projects - as a small company you'll always have opportunity to work on new challenges.
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working at small companies with close-knit teams
- You consider yourself adaptive and enjoy wearing multiple hats
- You consider software development a craft or discipline, and are interested in having that consideration shape your development activities
- You like board games (no really, we have a board game night)
This probably isn't a good fit if you:
- Need a lot of structure or oversight to do your best work. Our remote environment requires team members to be able to tolerate ambiguity and be assertive and communicative when tasks are unclear.
- Are really keenly interested in just one specific technology niche (nothing wrong with that - but you'll probably get frustrated here)
- Need "to be right" all the time. We're a growing, collaborative team that frequently tries new approaches. Team members need to be open to taking risks and reasoning with one another.
- Solid working knowledge of modern Angular and Typescript.
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Angular/Typescript.
- Understanding of reactive paradigms (e.g., RxJs)
- Experience using RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and websites
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
- Experience with Ruby, Xamarin or a native mobile platform
- Experience with Behavior Drive Development (BDD)
- Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK