Opportunity: Recursive House is looking for a smart, capable software developer/engineer
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, 100% remote, 1 year contract or full time employment.
Our company goal is to assist companies in building high quality software, using Agile Methodologies to remain responsive, and functional programming techniques to maintain quality.
What you’ll do:
- Assesses a well-defined problem and leads the development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural standards.
- Manages small- to moderate-sized solutions, or plays a key role on larger teams, working within the parameters of two to three sprints.
- Provides direction to team members and/or vendors.
- Advises product owners on discrete technology-related business problems; formulates options, including assessing their relative merits and risks; and works with product owners to determine the best solution.
- Focus on designing and developing applications.
- Responsible for primarily front-end development but will also be responsible for minimal back end supporting services.
- Bring broad experience of successfully delivering value and contributions that will help increase productivity, realize efficiencies, and build profitable consumer experiences.
- Experience with Java technologies
- Experience developing in a continuous integration environment using Git and various Dev Ops Technologies.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing on the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Consumer Services (CRM) applications.
- Experience developing with functional programming abstractions.
- Experience with Unix Based Systems.
- Ability to maintain the build and deployment processes through use of build integration tools.
- Experience working in an agile development environment. Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience working with functional programming languages like Clojure, Haskel, or Scala
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with functional programming languages like Clojure
- Experience with Postgres.
- Experience working with Next.js, Express.js or Next.js.
- Experience React Native or Mobile Applications
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred.
Hours & Location:
40 hours/week. This role will be 100 % remote.
Employment, but willing to do contract.
Expected start date: ASAP