At Thinkful, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists. As a Course Mentor, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job.
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
In addition to working directly with students, Course Mentors are expected to maintain an environment of feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- US Citizen
- 3+ years relevant professional work experience
- Node.JS and React.JS at an industry level; full MERN stack proficiency a plus
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- This is a part-time role (3-9 hours a week)
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
- Grow and develop as an educator with your managing Squad Lead and Squad