This is a great opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Software Architect to join our team and contribute to the creation and support of our robust suite of enterprise healthcare applications.
The successful candidate for this role will have significant experience with Enterprise Application Design including reverse-engineering complex software systems as well as architecting and implementing new enhancements. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated mastery of the full SDLC including CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools.
- Contribute to architectural strategy with modernizing and optimizing processes and platforms.
- Serve as the architectural lead and reviewer for the application development teams
- Assess current state, desired capabilities, and greatest opportunities for impact
- Create architectural diagrams and technical specification documentation
- Contribute to development of unified development standards and processes
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Plan for new technology insertion
- Develop and coordinate architectural solutions, provide mentoring, and technical assistance.
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines
- B.S in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software development experience developing enterprise applications
- 3+ years of related work experience serving as a Software Architect
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design
- Expertise in Web & Enterprise Applications using Java/J2EE and Oracle
- Strong understanding of relational databases, SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring and Hibernate
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Understanding and extensive experience with CI/CD processes and tools
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills