For fastest response, apply on our site:
We’re looking for an experienced backend developer capable of contributing to the backend build of our next generation microservice-based platform. You’ll be responsible for architecting back-end cloud infrastructure, our applications middleware layer, including our internal front-end-to-backend API management, backend data stores, as well as integrations with our healthcare partner applications. You’ll have a direct impact on the direction and culture of an early stage start-up working to modernize healthcare. You’ll begin by working remotely but will have the opportunity to be based in our Washington, DC office once COVID-related conditions permit.
Note: EngagedMD is able to sponsor current H1B visa holders for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build New Microservices: Build backend microservices supporting multiple business functions and heavy daily usage.
- Develop New Features - use Node.JS to deliver back-end features on our new application, including custom plugins to our CMS (strapi) and background processing workers.
- Ownership of our application’s API middleware, including new feature development, infrastructure optimization, and the ongoing management of existing API’s.
- Integrate with new partner applications - Lead the technical implementation of new API integrations with various software companies across the healthcare industry.
- Collaboration - You will work with a team of developers, project manager, and product managers. You’ll contribute to all aspects of software delivery including scoping, scripting, testing, scaling, security, deployment, and monitoring.
5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with API frameworks (REST, GraphQL, Serverless)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda, SQS and S3)
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL including schema and query optimization
- Experience creating scalable cloud-based web applications (Caching, Queues, Notifications)
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Comfort with code repository management (GitHub, BitBucket)
- Familiarity with microservice system architecture.
About our Company - EngagedMD
EngagedMD is a fast-growing B2B software company that has developed the leading patient journey management solution for the fast-growing fertility sector. Nearly half of fertility patients in the US use our eLearn and eSign tools and also have increasing international presence. Clinics use our software to reduce repetitive, manual tasks and streamline the patient journey, which helps them increase capacity and growth while improving the patient experience and reducing doctor and staff burnout. We are known for having a collaborative, friendly, high energy and fast-moving culture and a focused, start-up atmosphere.