Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who would take pride in keeping our teachers teaching by ensuring our systems are stable and our customer success team understands acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Work with Customer Success to triage a recent customer report
- Review a PR prior to merging into release branch
- Work with a developer to write automated tests
- Develop a plan to make bug identification and remediation process improvements
- Work with QA Testers to ensure on-time delivery of a release
- Analyze a complex issue reported by a user and pinpoint issues in the code base before recommending remediation options
- Fix a bug
- Interpret results of a manual test and recommend next steps in release plan
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better.