Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Trellis is redefining the landscape for getting auto insurance. We make buying insurance easy–no more ten-page forms on 5 different websites and we monitor coverage premiums to ensure customers are always paying a fair price. We’re a small team looking to add a few key engineering hires. We started in 2019, are well-funded, and are moving fast.
We use NodeJS, React, and kubernetes on Google Cloud and engineers work across multiple projects as needed.
We’re a remote team: we coordinate work with a kanban board, regular standups, and communicate via video calls and slack.
Given the early small team; decision-makers are close and we’re all working together towards the best solutions. There is lots of new code being written as well as current products being maintained.
- Honesty and openness to growth and learning: we all have things to learn and welcome the learning that yields growth.
- Deliver the outcome: ensure that we’re delivering on the ultimate user outcome, understanding how smaller tasks fit into them. We’re all pulling towards a goal, help us get to that goal.
- Pragmatic: solutions in customer hands are better than perfect solutions later. The balance comes in ensuring it isn’t at the cost of future maintainability.
- Clear communication: we strive for clarity and understanding and a flow of timely information.
- Collaborate effectively: we have a team that enjoys working together and learning from each other.
- Contribute across the stack to Trellis technical projects, including backend code, DOM-based browser automation, and frontend SDKs
- Work in a team environment and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement
- Produce maintainable, functional, highly reliable and performant code
- Participate in regular code reviews and process retrospectives
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of system architecture and design
- Fullstack experience both back-end and front-end applications (we do more backend than frontend)
- Track record of dedication to creating maintainable, functional and reliable systems, consistent demonstration of grit, collaboration, curiosity, teamwork, ownership and integrity
- Ability to pass a background check, has appropriate work authorization
- Experience with async/await
- Familiarity with Chromum/Puppeteer and DOM manipulation/selection is a bonus
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org