Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help improve and build out a complex react + redux application that interfaces with a Node backend.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from a Node backend. Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members. You will also help with mentoring and teaching mid and junior level developers on the same team
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Deep thorough experience with a front end JS framework (preferably React)
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work (bonus if has used Rails)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand easily
- Experience with Flutter or open to learning
- Understand and describe how application state changes over time.
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post, or support email
The salary for this position is competitive - in addition, we offer both a tech and a continuing education stipend.
The ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required. Must be located within the US.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/oddball-front-end-engineer-1