At Big Nerd Ranch we empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this through our signature immersive bootcamps, our quality online trainings, our elite consulting capabilities and our best selling Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
We have a vision to build relationships that drive partnerships with 20 Fortune 500 companies and train 200,000 designers and engineers by 2020. How are we going to do it? It's all our people -- we only hire the best. We are passionate about writing code that is understandable and efficient-and teaching others to do the same. We then live through our values. We are a community of Nerds who are Brilliant and Curious, Hard-working and Accountable, Kind and Authentic.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Participate in Tech Sales by providing estimates, risks, assumptions, requirements for future opportunities and participating in sales meetings.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, screencasting, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
As a candidate, you...
- Have worked with ReactJS in a professional capacity.
- Take ownership of tasks to raise questions and risks early, find creative solutions, and bring them to completion.
- Have a passion for mentoring others and have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
You might also...
- Have created APIs that conform to the JSON API spec or GraphQL query language.
- Enjoy translating UI/UX wireframes into clean and efficient Sass/CSS.
- Have interest in mobile development (e.g. Swift/iOS, Kotlin/Android, or React Native).
- Have interest in creating server-side apps or development tools with Node.js
The benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Must reside in the US and be legally authorized to work in the US.
At Big Nerd Ranch you will make a difference and contribute to the development community in interesting ways. Are you up to the challenge?