Cloud Software Developer- (Node.JS, Golang)
Railroad19, Inc. ~ Remote - United States
Cloud Software Engineer (Remote United States)
At Railroad19, we develop custom software products and provide software development services.
We are looking for a Cloud Node.JS Software Engineer with 8 years of experience that is fluent in both AWS Cloud and Node.js and Golang to be a strong advocate for clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing to the codebase you will work as an adviser to help create best-in-class solutions. Candidates should also have previous experience working with Cloud Native tool kits.
While there are no management responsibilities for this position there are opportunities for leadership for those who want to grow.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, health insurance, and a 401k. Railroad19 provides healthy compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's evolving needs
- Advocate for appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Work closely with product management and the lead architect to translate business requirements into scalable and highly available tools
- Be able to participate and implement Cloud and Microservice best practices while adhering to standard architecture patterns
- Develop microservice applications to support the media asset management systems and implementing them using appropriate technologies & frameworks
- Drive the adoption of new technologies including containers, clustering, cloud computing, serverless and API
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Integrate various software platforms and external 3rd party systems through vendor APIs.
- Work with vendor(s) on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Configure Development, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable implementation, working closely with DevOps and QA teams
- Participate when needed in 24x7 application support schedule; some overnight/off hours shift-schedule support will be required during on-air rollouts, emergencies, and special broadcast events.
- Work with client user groups to ensure operational needs are being appropriately met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of cloud technologies, network and storage systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration.
- Experience with building serverless applications in AWS using NodeJS.
- Comfortable using Amazon Web Services (Step Functions, S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation)
- Education/experience in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience.
- Experience developing software in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Schedule flexibility is needed to meet on-air operational needs.
Experience preferred but not required:
- Exposure to using, Golang, Python & Java in containerized and serverless applications
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Cloud Formation, Code Pipeline
- Familiarity with broadcast production or video content management systems
- Exposure to implementing ML/AI technologies
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies for software development and project execution.
- Familiarity with project tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence (Wikis)
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud(using Netflix OSS) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Oracle or similar relational database technology
- Demonstrates a passion for learning new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Experience collaborating on an Agile team
- Git experience preferred
- Continuous integration practices are a plus
- Familiarity with AWS
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.