This Senior Full Stack Software Engineer will help us build our internal and customer-facing web applications such as Knock.com
and the platforms supporting our large (and growing!) network of agents and internal teams.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Knock you will:
- Build and maintain innovative new experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing web applications using ReactJS.
- Understand the data that powers our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features.
- Collaborate with our talented Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and UX.
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you.
We’d love you to bring:
- Full lifecycle software development experience in React or other frontend development stacks, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment (we use Next.js).
- Full lifecycle software development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Experience with various Node.js frameworks and modules.
- Experience with AWS ecosystems such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- SQL knowledge (Mysql or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging.
- Customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
Benefits, Perks, & Enjoying Life
- Knock is a 100% remote, work from home culture and has been since our inception in 2015
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks mandatory) + flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- $1,000 each year for education, training, and professional development
- Salary + Equity. We offer equitable compensation based market data, accomplishments, experience, & your location