Headquarters: New York
We are seeking a creative and experienced individual to join the NRDC Digital Technology Team and help build websites, web applications, and hybrid mobile apps for both NRDC and its 501(c)(4) affiliate, the NRDC Action Fund. The position reports to the Digital Technology Director and will be located in New York, but we will consider another U.S. location.
- Build websites using Drupal, WordPress, Gatsby, and other possible CMS or Static Site Generators.
- Build working static prototypes from Invision wireframes using the Bootstrap framework or similar and the NRDC design system.
- Administer bug fixes and features to front end code across NRDC web properties.
- Provide input on the best coding techniques or technology enhancements that can make our workflow and output more efficient.
- Oversee code reviews of vendor work for standards compliance and efficiency of front end work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in front-end development.
- Strong understanding of the web design and development process.
- Strong experience managing multiple web projects at one time and meeting deadlines consistently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality code but also an understanding that perfection is the enemy of progress.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience working within waterfall and/or agile project management.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, manage laterally and upwards, all with a professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements.
- Experience developing Mobile first Responsive UI design.
- Experience with Bootstrap framework, SCSS and mix-ins.
- Experience with Gulp and/or Webpack.
- Working knowledge of RESTful web services and using APIs to create custom web applications.
- Experience developing for modern web browsers and devices.
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment, as well as external vendors.
- Exhibit passion, creativity and commitment.
Priority will be given to candidates with a combination of some of the following expertise:
- Understanding of PHP in CMS like WordPress and Drupal
- Experience with SQL and ability to run queries, administer with Sequel Pro or similar application.
- Experience working with Action Kit or similar platform.
- Agency or non-profit experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Scrum.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/4248/front-end-web-developer/job