Market America-Shop.com is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer working in UI development.
What We Are Looking For:
A Front-End Developer who is creative and innovative. Passionate about the finer details of writing modular, reusable code, and semantic front-end architecture. Thinking about the big picture and comfortable collaborating with both the design team and software engineers to ensure the best delivery method in incremental development cycles. An eye for design and making sure the finished product looks better than the mock-up, flows smoothly, and is functional for the end user. Takes initiative to improve upon designs and continually looks for ways to make the site better. Looks forward to challenges and is flexible with delivery methods, handling multiple projects, and changing requirements.
Experience in FE development, UX development, or related field; have a strong understanding of modular concepts, and responsive development flows, a solid understanding of design principles and how it relates the UI – perhaps even started out as a designer; is curious, enthusiastic, self-motived, and willing to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with back end developers to integrate UI with dynamic data
- Work closely with QA to deliver quality code in an agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a continuous deployment schedule
- Regularly communicates status to development leads, project managers, and management staff
- Develops new website features and widgets
- Develops tooling or automated processes to streamline UI development
- Fixes bugs or other anomalies discovered in UI code
- Creates and maintains documentation of UI code or technical topics/processes
- Cleans up or refactors UI code as required
- Takes initiative to improve upon coding standards, clarify requirements, and seek opportunities for growth
- Investigates new technologies, paradigms or designs through rapid prototyping
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communication design or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstration of intermediate UI development skills - understanding requirements, anticipating user needs, coding, testing
- Strong grasp of semantic HTML5 architecture
- Understanding of SEO best practice
- Strong grasp of CSS3 – SASS knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with build tools, Webpack and Gulp
- Comfortable developing UI with a responsive approach
- Able to work with an architectural and programming mindset vs. development of static web assets
- Good understanding of how web applications work (front-end, back-end, services)
- Passionate about developing high quality, high performing, and great looking web experiences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Market America-Shop.com offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and an on-site health clinic.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position will be work remotely based from our Monterey CA offices.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Market America | SHOP.COM is changing the way people shop and changing the economic paradigm so anyone can become financially independent by creating their own economy and converting their spending into earning with the Shopping Annuity®.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Currently in its 27th year, Market America, Inc. is a global product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity. Its mission is to provide a robust business system for entrepreneurs, while providing consumers a better way to shop. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, the company was founded in 1992 by Chairman and CEO JR Ridinger and has generated over $8.5 billion in accumulated sales. Market America employs approximately 1,000 people globally with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Through the company’s primary shopping website, SHOP.COM, consumers have access to approximately 60 million products, including Market America exclusive brands and thousands of top retail brands. Market America’s revolutionary Shopping Annuity program, which helps shoppers convert their existing everyday spending into earning, is an extraordinary and financially meaningful benefit of the business. Internet Retailer has ranked SHOP.COM #65 in the 2018 Internet Retailer Top 1000, the #36 largest global online marketplace in the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 100 Online Marketplaces Database, #96 in the Internet Retailer Asia 500 and the 18th fastest growing Internet Mobile Retailer. The company is also a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, was ranked 8th in the 2018 Grant Thornton North Carolina Top 100® (NC100) and received 2018’s Triad Business Journal’s “Fast 50” award as one of the top privately-held companies for sustained growth, driving the area’s economy. By combining Market America’s entrepreneurial business model with SHOP.COM’s powerful comparison shopping engine, Cashback program, Hot Deals, SHOPBuddy™, Express Pay check out, social shopping integration and countless other features, the company has become the ultimate online shopping destination.
For more information, please visit https://www.lumieredevie.com, http://www.marketamerica.com or http://www.SHOP.COM.