What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers ran by engineers. We are an international collective of industry leaders, conference speakers, and subject matter experts within React, React Native and Node that are passionate about working remotely and doing good in the world.
We match technically vetted engineers to pre-vetted clients. Say goodbye to hunting business, drawing up contracts, and working on dying tech. With one production focused, to the point code challenge (no whiteboarding or algorithms + on your own time) vetted by our engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to receive curated contract opportunities as well as become a part of an international collective of experts. If that sounds up your alley or you would like to find out more, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
G2i is short for "Good News to the Internet." We are convinced that our primary vision & mission are good news to companies that need to hire engineers. While we are going about fulfilling that primary vision & mission, we will also be good news to those in need. We are on a mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open-source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on.
In simple terms we want to hire an engineer that is excited about building applications in Node, is comfortable working in dynamic engineering environments and has strong communication and documentation skills. Here is what this actually means to us:
- You have 3+ years of professional development experience and have at least 1 year of Node production experience.
- You are willing to complete a code challenge that often takes 6-8 hours to complete (there are no due dates or timers however).
- You live in North America or South America.
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English and are comfortable communicating directly with technical and non-technical clients.
- You are available 30-40 hours per week.
- You might have full-stack experience with either Rails, React, React Native, Apollo Client/GraphQL, native Android (Java, Kotlin) or iOS (Objective C, Swift). But if you don't, that's OK too!
- You have prior experience as a freelancer or are someone that enjoys having the freedom to choose the types of projects that best align with your interests.
- You have prior experience working remotely or are excited about doing so.
- You are flexible and can adjust to the working styles of different teams. Some teams may want to pair-program and have daily interaction others may want engineers to work independently and only interact a few hours per week.
Vetting - Developers and Clients
We match technically vetted engineers to pre-vetted clients who place a high value on engineering and focus on running healthy projects. We take care of contracts, billing, payments and all of the other work that goes into freelancing so that engineers can focus on code and clients on building their product. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers.
When we vet clients we make sure they:
- Prioritize communication
- Plan appropriately and have realistic timelines
- Understand the cost of healthy development and have a budget to pay for it
When we vet engineers we make sure:
- Engineers vet other engineers
- Our code challenges are to the point and based on production-level code, no whiteboarding
- Our process is objective, repeatable and quantitively scored
- Our process is completely transparent
Who you will work with
We only work with companies that value engineers and run healthy engineering teams. We regularly partner with Y Combinator funded product companies that place a high value on engineering. Some of the companies we have worked with are: Lattice, Major League Soccer, ZeeMee, Software Engineering Daily, and Truebill with new clients coming in weekly.
G2i is an equal opportunity employer. We’re dedicated to building a team where diversity in both ideas and identities is not only welcomed, but encouraged. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you'd like to learn more or set up a no-commitment exploratory call, feel free to apply here or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!