Prometheum is building the first compliant ecosystem for digital asset securities (blockchain securities). DASs can be created on our network when a company raises capital via Prometheum’s issuance platform. Those assets (as well as other compatible assets) can be freely traded on our ATS (a trading venue), where our technology integrates with clearing, settlement and custody via the Prometheum Blockchain and other partner technologies.
This position will join the Prometheum technology team to build and manage tools for investors, Broker Dealers, blockchain validators and other network participants. We are a remote-first team with contributors spread out in the US. This opportunity is for someone with experience working from home and effectively collaborating via modern group messaging and video conferencing tools.
Job Details - Front-End Engineer
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is motivated to incorporate application design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of design mockups to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, app performance optimization and code quality, among other duties.
You will work with the product designer to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will also work closely with back-end engineers to iron out implementation details for seamless integration with our services.
- Develop, test and deploy new features for the Prometheum platform
- Help with refactoring and organizing code, write documentation, and tests
- Pair with your developer peers when necessary
- Help identify and fix bugs in the app
- Write concise user stories for front-end related tasks
- Ensure the technical feasibility of design mockups
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Have 3+ years as a software developer building web applications.
- Basic knowledge of NextJS, are willing to learn how to navigate NextJS apps
- Basic understanding of key design principles, and responsive and adaptive design
- Write clean, tested code and value documenting your work for others.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and GraphQL
- Good understanding of testing tools like Jest or Mocha
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically including Git
- Basic understanding of React Higher Order Components and Hooks and where they can be used.
- Excellent problem solving skills, enjoys a good puzzle!
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bonus for knowledge of tools like Material-UI, Formik, Yup validation, Babel, Webpack
- Proficient at working remotely, which means you have strong written communication skills, are self-directed, and have experience managing your own schedule