Springboard Retail is the leading point of sale and retail management software, designed specifically to empower brands and retailers to harness their data and sell more profitably. We are seeking a Software Developer to join our growing team.
You are an experienced software developer seeking to join a talented and diverse team that delivers best-in-class commerce software for omnichannel retailers and brands. You are excited by the challenge of rapidly delivering improvements to delight our customers and help their businesses thrive while at the same time maintaining the rock-solid stability required by a mission-critical system. You are comfortable building production-ready software at all levels of the tech stack, from our Ruby backend to our React frontend.
In addition to the normal day-to-day work of a full stack developer, you will partner closely with a range of colleagues including other developers, QA engineers, product managers, and decision makers across the company. You will actively mentor a team of developers through pairing and design sessions, serving as an example of best practices, and encouragement of team knowledge sharing. You actively seek opportunities to ensure the success of the engineering team as a whole.
Springboard Retail is a fully distributed team so this is a remote position. All of our processes are designed with a remote-first mindset.
- Full-stack software development
- Design and build maintainable, secure, and scalable software systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology ecosystems
- Actively participate in the decision-making process around the architecture and future direction of both the product and technical systems
- Serve as a mentor to junior developers
- Develop expertise in a specific product domain and coordinate a team to deliver on roadmap goals in this area
- Professional web developer with 8+ years’ hands-on experience
- A passion for product development
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with an agile process and working as part of a distributed team
- Working knowledge of using a distributed version control system within a team environment (preferably Git)