Headquarters: Waterloo / Toronto, ON
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer with a passion for user experience and a desire to take on a lead role in our current and future web projects. We currently offer a web-based GUI for developing and visually inspecting large neural models (see this screencast
). The GUI presents many difficult technical and UX challenges due to the dynamic nature of these models and the sheer amount of data involved. We need someone who has ideas about how the GUI can be made more useful and more user friendly, and who has the technical expertise to execute on those ideas. Your responsibilities would not be limited to GUI development; we are looking for someone who can teach the rest of the company about modern web development, improve our public-facing websites, and generally be the person that we go to when a project needs a web presence.
The ideal candidate would
- be familiar with all stages of web application development (design, architecture, implementation, testing, security, scaling),
- have strong frontend development skills (experience with TypeScript and Webpack are assets),
- be comfortable working in a remote team, with strong written communication and a willingness to actively collaborate with other remote team members,
- be comfortable adopting our git and testing processes.
It would be nice, but not necessary, if you
- have done user studies,
- have experience working in an agile / scrum team
- have experience with web testing techniques (e.g. Selenium, webdiff),
- have some backend development experience, especially in Python,
- have some experience with machine learning or neural networks.
As a startup, your work will have a large impact on the company’s success moving forward. There will be ample opportunities for advancement at ABR as we scale up. Additionally, you will be able to learn from us
about neuromorphics and cutting edge artificial intelligence.
To apply: https://applied-brain-research.breezy.hr/p/226c8122dff4-lead-front-end-developer?source=weworkremotely