Los Angeles area with remote opportunities
Work from home*, competitive salary, bonus potential
About Envoy and this role: https://youtu.be/6cXvzQBM-TQ
Who we are
Envoy Media Group (https://www.envoymediagroup.com/) is a digital marketing and lead generation company in operation for over 15 years and still growing. Envoy serves as a trusted guide for consumers, matching them up with the right companies to provide services they need. We're highly selective about the brands we work with - integrity matters, and we only refer people to businesses where we would be comfortable sending friends and family. To help us carry out that vision, we build and support our own custom software suite for digital marketing, content management, and analytics. And we do it all with the most positive, supportive group of people you'll ever work with.
Who we need
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced frontend developer to become a core member of our technology team. You will use your development, design, and collaboration skills to build great web and mobile experiences for business users and customers across our landing pages, content management system, business intelligence dashboards and more. As you do, you will work at the intersection of our technology and business teams to understand user needs and wants, system capabilities, and how best to bridge the two. We don't need an order-taker - we need you to bring your skills and unique perspective to make us and our systems better. Our culture values integrity, initiative, and teamwork, asking and answering better questions, making and executing new ideas.
Personal and Cultural
- Integrity: Being honest, ethical, and forthright at all times. Taking ownership of your actions, and of results good or bad.
- Team mentality: Treating your fellow contributors (both technical and non-technical) and the businesses we serve as part of a team, working together toward common goals. Standing up for your perspective and participating in constructive debate while always respecting and supporting your teammates.
- Technical ambition: Having and sharing big ideas with big impact. Getting excited about hammering those ideas into plans and projects, executing them with excellence, and seeing that impact in reality.
- Ongoing growth: Driving to continually expand knowledge and capability both for yourself and for the team as a whole. Being willing to seek out and take on new challenges that push us forward.
- Positive outlook: Keeping a smile on your face and pushing ahead, even when times are tough, because you know that we will find a way to succeed. Seeing a glass half full - and if it isn't, finding a way to fill it.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, or certificate from competitive bootcamp or similar program.
- Experience: At least 4 years of experience in software development with a focus on frontend.
- Frontend framework: Experience in Angular, also React and/or Vue. Our current architecture uses AngularJS; you will play a large role in our next choice of frontend framework.
- Web design: Knowledge of UI design principles and ability to design dashboard and editor views for business users leveraging a UI theme/toolkit, from mockup to working page.
- Data visualization: Experience with d3.js or other feature-rich charting libraries.
- APIs: Understanding of structure and consumption of APIs including performance and security aspects.
- Strong verbal and written communication: Skills in communicating face-to-face (meetings, video conferences), remote (email, chat), documentation (for both technical and non-technical readers), and in code (unambiguous and intention-revealing names).
Nice to Have
Knowledge of any of the following is not required but would be beneficial.
- Digital marketing concepts and techniques
- Basics of SQL (create / retrieve / update / delete)
- Adobe XD and Photoshop
Salary commensurate with level of experience and excitement for the position
401k with contribution matching
Annual bonus opportunities
Monthly micro-bonuses awarded by your teammates (treat yourself!)
Benefits and Perks
No limits on PTO
*Post-COVID-19: A welcoming office with relaxed atmosphere, snacks, drinks, an automatic massage chair, meals provided often, and more.
Working with people you're actually happy to see on Monday morning :)
For now, we are an office-less company, working entirely from home. Once it is safe to do so, we will be opening a new office, likely in the Simi Valley, CA area. At that time we will still be flexible with regards to working from home. Stay safe!