Headquarters: Stellenbosch, South Africa
We work closely with our clients from researching and understanding the client's problem to creating training users on the applications we build.
We work with a limited number of clients in several different industries, such as political systems, e-commerce, hospitality, financial services, car rental, etc.
We aim for great quality of code and implementing a general set of functions to be used by all the applications we build as we optimize our processes. We currently in need of a developer to help us build and improve these tools.
We're looking for a mid-senior level, back-end developer, who is able to handle context-switching and who doesn't need a lot of hand-holding.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of Backend/RESTful API development experience
- 2+ years experience with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with TypeScript
- 2+ years experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, etc
- 2+ years experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc
- Experience writing Unit tests for backend applications
- Strong working knowledge of Git
- Ability to read and understand English software requirements, strong written English, ability to conduct sessions in English
- Strong Verbal English Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Nest (https://nestjs.com/)
- Recent experience with AWS or GCP Key Management Services
- Microservice expertise
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, and Spinnaker
- React or Angular experience
- AWS, GCP cloud expertise
- Continuous Integration experience with CircleCI or similar
On a typical day, you will:
- Work with our design and development teams to implement code
- Be responsible for overall backend/API and frontend code quality
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our product development process
- Make sure we’re meeting our product roadmap goals
- Work with our team to create both technically viable and beautiful user experiences
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/plusplusminus-nestjs-typescript-developer-for-long-term-projects