React/Node JS Developer
This position can be remote; US based candidates only.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment after shaping a new product and pushing code daily? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently, as well as on a team? Are you excited about developing modern applications on serverless cloud architecture? Then we want you!
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website and digital marketing provider headquartered in Naperville, Illinois with offices across the United States. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
Your duties will primarily revolve around writing code creating new features, modifying existing code to fix errors and bugs, and improving performance while adhering to system testing and validation procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high degree of personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and the willingness to contribute and collaborate as part of a team.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job and corresponding relevant work experience. However, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage
- Leadership and mentoring of junior developers
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience with the Express framework in NodeJS
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Experience with Git version control
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with Mobile-First, responsive web design
- Familiar with AWS Cloud Architecture and Serverless (Fargate, StepFunctions, Lambda, SQS)
- Familiar with GraphQL, DataLoader, and Apollo Client
- Familiar with MongoDB, Atlas, and Stitch
- Familiar with PostgreSQL
- Familiar with ElasticSearch
Compensation is based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.