Heroic Technologies is seeking a full time Full Stack Developer to join our virtual engineering team, based in Canada.
The Privacy Hero Adapter is a linux based adapter that encrypts Internet traffic from/to a home network. We spend most of our time working with networking, DNS, VPN and firewalls.
We believe there is a new category where privacy, security and network management are separated from a router in the classic networking setup.
Basic information on our service can be found on our website, privacyhero.com
A successful candidate will be working as the lead developer on our WebUI and backend software platform.
This position is a good fit if you are:
- A Self starter and self managed
- Adapt to changes easily
- Enjoy working remotely
- Into moving quickly and breaking things (responsibly)
- Decidedly uncorporate
- A small team of experienced engineers
- Startup culture
- Slack centred - no email
- Thinking outside the box (what box? ;))
- Flexible with hours
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 5+ years experienced in Software Development. Excellent team player with good analytical, strategic planning, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with databases, including MySQL, RDS, MongoDB or other NoSQL datastores.
- Experience in refactoring existing monolithic application to modular microservices.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and performance tests in a CI/CD environment.
- Strong experience in using Visual Studio Code, Git, BitBucket/JIRA, and equivalent tools.
- In-depth experience with Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic, SNS, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Developed multi-tenant SaaS solutions with responsive UI's using React, Express or Angular, with NodeJS and CSS.
- Familiarity with bug tracking and testcase management software such as GutHub, JIRA or similar products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact successfully with stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a primarily virtual team environment (Slack, Skype)
- Self motivated
- Effective and confident decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel to head office every 4-12 weeks for 2-5 days
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineer or college diploma or equivalent experience
Position is virtual (work from home), with requirement to travel occasionally to head office in Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada) for onsite team meetings every 4-12 weeks.