Candidates should be based in EMEA
Sourcefabric is looking for the next Superdesk application developer. Think you might fit the bill? Read on my friend…read on.
First things first, what is Superdesk?
Superdesk is an end-to-end news creation, production, curation, distribution and publishing platform. It is scalable to suit news organisations of any size, with a modular approach that makes it easily extensible. Superdesk is changing the way news is created, powering newsrooms around the world to work more efficiently. We want you to help us reach our goals.
Superdesk is built by a non-profit organisation, Sourcefabric, that builds a variety of open source tools for media organizations all over the world.
- You’ve been there before. You have 3+ years of experience working on the frontend of a web application at scale, with a track-record of delivering high-quality code.
- You’re a neat freak. You are proud of writing clean, maintainable code with good test coverage and have no problem mentoring other team members to ensure product quality and that target deadlines get met. You also have good knowledge of testing principles.
- Work well with others. You have experience working with agile development projects, in particular Scrum. You have very strong communication and team collaboration skills.
- Fluent English is a must (we are an international team and this is the language we speak internally).
- You’ve got ideas to spare. You will be consulted on platform design and product feature decisions and you won’t shy away from sharing your expertise. You bring a lot of new ideas to the table on ways we can improve our working processes and on new technologies we can leverage.
While the following aren’t deal breakers, it would be great if you have experience in:
- Operating and deploying large web applications;
- Developing server-side applications and APIs using any language like Python, Node.js, Go, Ruby, etc.
- As a critical member of the Superdesk team, you will play a key role in the design and implementation of various Superdesk components and features. As part of an Agile team, you will have the opportunity to work on the architecture of the system and other different core components, touching a variety of different technologies.
- You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of the Superdesk platform and evaluate 3rd-party and open-source software and technology that can be incorporated.
- Writing and reviewing application code;
- Contributing to technical project direction;
- Working on the front end architecture of the system and other different core components;
- Collaborating with other frontend developers, backend developers, QA and DevOps engineers;
- Documenting what you help build.
What we offer
- Fast paced, small and agile teams
- Work in small and agile teams that move fast and break stuff following best development practices. Superdesk is growing quickly and will continue to do so for some time to come.
- An international environment
- Find yourself surrounded by talented team members from across the globe (over 14 countries to be specific).
- A competitive work package
- This includes flexible working arrangements, fantastic office locations (think Prague, Berlin, Toronto and more) and training opportunities to help you grow and develop your personal skill set.
- Annual team get-together
- Each year we gather the team in one location for our annual team gathering called Sourcecamp. Past Soucecamp locations have included Berlin, Prague, and the mountains of Serbia.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, a short motivational letter with salary expectation, and examples of projects you've worked on (if you have a Github/Bitbucket profile, please share the link) to email@example.com.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/sourcefabric-application-developer-front-end-superdesk