We aren’t looking for a ‘Rock Star’ or a ‘Ninja’. We aren’t looking for a ‘Super Star Developer’ either. We want a team player; someone who is tenacious about getting things done as part of a team in an environment that expects creativity and quality delivery. Be a rebel but be part of our rebel alliance.
Skills and experience
· Layout and presentation skills in HTML, CSS and related technologies
· A good understanding of web concepts: HTTP, REST, web services, etc.
· Knowledge of modern web frameworks and libraries, in particular React JS
· Knowledge of Unit Testing – Jest; React Testing Library / Enzyme; Snapshot Testing
· Desire to learn
· Tenacious technical problem solver
· Good communicator
· Comfortable trying to solve problems, but not afraid to ask if needed
· Experience working on Agile projects, particularly Kanban or Scrum
· Experience of working with version control, build tools, code-quality and testing tools.
· Experience with Design Systems – Storybook; Styled Components / Emotion
· Experience of test automation – Cypress; Puppeteer
· Experience in any of the following is useful: Typescript; ESLint; Standard JS / Prettier; JSON Schema; Sketch
· Experience of developing for deployment to the public cloud (e.g. AWS, AWS Amplify, Azure, etc.)
· Experience using the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
· Comfortable using the command line to support application development and deployment - GIT; Bash scripts
· Experience with developing and deploying with container technologies, in particular Docker
· Develop software that meet the needs of users by considering the user at every step of the delivery process
· Work as an integral member of a small, remote team
· Agree and deliver on sprint commitments
· Participate in the iterative user needs analysis and design phases
· Ensure that code is well-tested in development and to take part in systems integration testing where required, to meet the agreed level of quality (Jest)
· Participate in peer review processes
· Supporting the team through the full release cycle
· Participation in development support for the resolution of bugs, provision of hot fixes and support of the production system as required by application operations
· To follow the organisation’s software engineering practices and processes
We make cool stuff, and we need you to help us make that stuff cool! Surevine gives its people a platform to develop their individual talents into strengths in an environment which expects creativity and is obsessive about innovation.
To apply, please email your CV / GitHub link to email@example.com