Joyride is a new marketplace in one of the few overlooked segments left in the automotive industry, unclaimed vehicle auctions. Started by a team of successful entrepreneurs, a few car aficionados, and a talented development team, they had the vision to create the industry-leading online auction platform to make it easy and safe to buy and sell unclaimed vehicles.
Joyride launched in April 2020 after a year of laser-focused brand creation and product development. We are now successfully executing regular online unclaimed vehicle auctions in nine major U.S. cities and expanding into new markets every day. We are a lean, yet impactful team composed of motivated, positive, and collaborative individuals dedicated to making Joyride the leading unclaimed vehicle auction platform.
About the role:
This role is an individual contributor and will report to the lead engineer/architect, working on the Joyride Auto’s auction platform. We are excited to bring on our second on-shore engineering team member. This person will work on a variety of features, both front, and back-end that continues evolving our product to be a leader in the space. This role will also be critical in providing support in the form of platform knowledge redundancy and reacting to any critical production issues during auction hours.
You are a do-er. You enjoy the fast-paced and fluid agenda our customers bring to us. You like bringing ideas to life.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our lead engineer/architect on product features, both front, and back-end
- Work with a team of engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- 5+ years in full-stack development role
- 3+ years of experience with Java, nodeJS, React
- Hands-on, demonstrated experience with the following concepts:
- Serverless platforms (aws lambda, google cloud platform,etc)
- Real-time, event-driven user interactions, such as messaging or collaboration software
- Mobile-first, webapp focused development
- Bonus points for specific experience in/with:
- Google Firebase (Cloud function, real-time database, etc;)
- Bending traditionally native app features into a webapp
- Image/Camera manipulation on the web
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent