We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented backend Django developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
Required Duties & Skills:
- Writing clean, readable code
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Software Testing
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Participating in daily scrum meetings
- Ability to take product ownership and deliver
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms (e.g. mobile vs desktop) and optimizing output to match the specific platform (e.g. HTML5, and CSS3)
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Vue.js, jQuery, Bootstrap, and React Native
- SQL, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket and heroku
- Prior experience with remote work and launching a new product with a startup
- 3+ years of professional experience working with Django