We are looking for a self-motivated developer who is passionate about remote working, building ambitious applications used at hundreds of universities, and automated testing. Help build industry-leading software used by librarians and researchers around the world to stay more engaged with their favorite peer-reviewed journals.
Third Iron creates the technology infrastructure used by millions of researchers to connect them with the content they need. Our services are used by universities, hospitals, corporations and government agencies across thirty countries. We are currently in search of a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join our terrific team of polyglot programmers to create and maintain software for our flagship products BrowZine and LibKey. Response to our products has been terrific.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will help make architectural decisions, write automated tests, code the implementation, review code, and collaborate with our team of polyglot programmers for Third Iron's flagship product, BrowZine, and our newest product, LibKey, and its supporting services.
- Contribute to our existing Third Iron Content Management System, written in Node.js and Postgres, and used by our internal operations team to manage large amounts of data from our hundreds of library customers
- Help shape and build our APIs, used both internally and by third parties, written in Node.js, and a variety of backend supporting services, written in Node.js and TypeScript
- Contribute to browzine.com, our first customer-facing web app built with Ember.js
- Contribute to libkey.io, our newest customer-facing product built with Ember.js
- Optimize and help scale our Heroku, AWS, and CouchDB cloud-based systems as our customer base continues to grow to ensure solid performance for all users
What We're Looking For:
- A passion for automated testing, continuous integration, and constantly improving how we do things
- Strong communication skills - since we are a remote team, timely responses and clear communications are essential
- Experience writing test-focused code - we rely on both acceptance-level and unit-level automated tests to ensure we avoid regressions
- High comfort level with source control, especially git
- A self-motivated developer who can work independently, since remote work demands it
- Strong desire to learn new technologies. We want to embrace the tools and techniques that help us build great software and let us sleep soundly at night, knowing our users are having a delightful experience and our servers are not catching fire
- See our software stack on StackShare
When applying, please include anything that helps demonstrate your development abilities, such as:
- your GitHub or Bitbucket profile
- sample code you can share
- articles & tutorials you have written
- presentations you have given
- Stack Overflow contributions
- bug reports on open source projects
- ...or anything else you can share that is indicative of how you best contribute to a team
You can apply either through Stack Overflow, or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently taking applications from people with US work authorizations.
We are currently only looking for full-time candidates; if you're a recruiter or software development contract company looking to hire out a team of developers, please skip applying.
Looking forward to hearing from you!