Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a new member of the Traffic Acquisition Team, your responsibilities will cover working closely with stakeholders to improve our SEO rank and improve the traffic volume that we are getting on our public pages. After understanding our team processes and having better knowledge about our tech stack and the company, you will partner closely with the Toptal Brand team where you will create innovative and interactive UI to promote the Toptal brand. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Build innovative and heavy graphics interfaces that run well on desktop and mobile.
- Cover your code with tests and perform manual testing of your features.
- Review the work of your colleagues.
- As a true teammate, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the mentors that will guide you during the onboarding month.
- Get acquainted with our tech stack.
- Get familiar with our front-end architecture and all the tools that we use. Learn about the processes that we follow.
In the first month, expect to:
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting.
- Start working on regular team tasks related to the migration and become familiar with the business domain.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start contributing to the technical topics as well, understand the application, and general front-end architecture.
- Learn and take part in the utilization of the latest front-end technologies.
- Deliver value in regular cadence.
- Get comfortable with the daily work routine of our team.
- Review code written by your colleagues.
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become a key part of the team, be responsible for certain areas, and help others inside and outside of the team.
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside our team.
- Lead technical initiatives on our team.
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team.
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most.
- Exchange 360 feedback with peers in an annual review cycle.
- Have 5+ years of front-end web development experience – preference is given to candidates who have worked on large applications of some scale.
- Have a confirmed grasp of object-oriented programming, clean code, and best testing practices.
- You have experience with responsive designs.
- You have experience with performance optimization of web applications.
- You have experience with creating interfaces with heavy graphics, interactive, with animations.
- On page SEO knowledge is a plus.
- When working as a Frontend Developer you are also thinking about general picture and application as a whole
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, code maintenance, implementation time, security breaches, and performance.
- Be genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Tackle complex problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them, and decide on the best course of action.
- You should be passionate about providing and receiving honest and constructive feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.