At aware3, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. Our mobile-led strategy includes customized mobile apps, communication, and online giving. We help churches, schools, & nonprofits engage and grow their communities through text, web, & branded apps.
If you love a friendly & supportive team who is always questioning the limitations, we’re your team. You can read more about our values over on the company About Us page. aware3 strives for a balanced Agile methodology. If you're interested in our perspectives on all this, here's our Tapas Teamwork blog post. As a team, we expect ourselves to write readable and testable code. We don’t give bonus points for writing code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for test coverage. PR’s and pair programming are a part of daily life.
This position is full-time and can be Fully Remote or partial remote near one of our offices (once they reopen... which... not yet!) in Kansas City, Denver, and Providence. We are presently growing from a 21-person Engineering department to a 31-person department.
- Implement solutions with concise, efficient, testable code.
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Be responsible for the code that you write, including writing tests, patching holes and building supports as load grows.
- Familiarity with PHP.
- Familiarity with bash, Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence.
Our Tools & Technologies
- Vue, Knockout, Webpack, Grunt. Karma, Mocha, Chai, pa11y.
- Codeception, PHPunit, Chromedriver, Katalon.
- PHP (Laravel and Slim), MySQL, Caching, Queues, Events, & more.
- AWS (ECS, Aurora, Elasticache, Route53, & more).
- We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
Our hiring process
- Code sample request
- Chat with hiring manager (30-60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
Comp & Benefits
- Annual salary range is $75k - $110k, commensurate with experience
- Free health insurance (associate-only, bronze plan, meets requirements). Very affordable rates if you add on from there.
- 401k w/ 4% match
- Unlimited vacation (PTO) w/ a minimum
- Paid parental leave
- Company laptop provided + remote office setup stipend
We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will lead to a better company and better products. We seek to continue our diversity journey and we actively encourage everyone (yes, you!) to consider becoming a part of the team. Our 21 person engineering team is presently: 29% women, 33% POC and 19% LGBT+.
Our growing, dedicated team works both remotely, and (where there's not a pandemic happening) in an open environment in-office. This full time position is available for both remote candidates and those in cities where we have an office (Kansas City, Denver, Providence). Remote candidates need to be located +/- 2hrs to America/Chicago time zone, and eligible to work in the US. We have a casual work environment with a collaborative and supportive team dynamic.
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.
PS: We've had some deliverability issues with Gmail users lately. If you're using Gmail, please whitelist all @aware3.com email addresses like this: https://a3a.me/6443e to make sure you get all our correspondence.