Headquarters: Boston, MA
About the job
Use of FlatWorld’s online homework
We are a small, distributed team and we support each other through peer review and frequent collaboration. Each of our engineers specializes in certain components and skills but we share responsibility for our systems. This allows us to work independently and autonomously while still coming together to partner on larger projects. Our investments in testing, infrastructure automation, and code quality lets us focus on shipping improvements for users. We listen carefully to others and treat each other, our peers, and our customers with respect. This groundwork means we can actively lead the company in designing and delivering good solutions through software.About you
You have developed good practices over time and have specific ideas about how to improve quality and listen to customers. You are as eager to teach us what you have learned as you are to learn from others.
You should be:
- Comfortable communicating and working independently in an agile environment
- Familiar with working remotely
- Helpful, respectful, and inquisitive
We welcome women, men, and people of all genders who have come to software engineering through nontraditional paths.
About the company
FlatWorld publishes high-quality college textbooks at prices students can actually afford. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students through our technology platforms, like the online homework platform.
At FlatWorld, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Familiarity with Typescript and SASS
- Experience writing automated tests and ensuring quality in your work
- Comfortable with modern software delivery practices (like git, automated deployment, AWS, etc.)
- Experience working in a rapid release cycle and collaborating with colleagues in other groups
- An ability to work in the US for a US employer
Experience with Ruby, Python, or another high-level scripting language is a plus but not required.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/flatworld-front-end-software-engineer