This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America and South America
About the Role
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. We use Typescript, Webpack, React, and Sass, to develop new UI/UX and improve our clients trading and funding experience. We value security, autonomy, drive, and communication. We're a team of passionate developers that genuinely love software development and experimentation. We are looking for developers with an eye for design, and thoughtful attention to detail, who are excited to improve the Kraken user experience.
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
- Developing new user experiences using React
- Building reusable components and frontend libraries
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high quality UI
- Optimizing components for performance
- Polish UI to ensure it matches 1-to-1 with user tested designs and prototypes
- 5+ years of professional experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Sass or Less and a deep knowledge of modern CSS
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- Experience with popular React state management (such as Flux, Redux, Unstated, the context API, or hooks)
- Strong passion for crypto. Tell us about your experience with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or alts. What alt are you excited about?
- A proven track record building projects related to user authentication and access control for major web applications
- Familiarity with modern frontend build pipelines and tools. We love Webpack, Typescript, and Docker :slightly_smiling_face:
- Experience with RESTful and WebSocket APIs
- Bringing applications to production and iterating. If you have an app, hackathon project, or some OSS code we would love to see it!
- Experience in crypto industry a plus
- We're all traders too. Be prepared to tell us what you think about current price movements (you won't need to tell us your secret trading strategies)
- Experience with PHP is useful
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.