The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) with frontend JS experience for the newly created Growth team.
Who are we:
Our Tech team of over 150 people is mostly split between two hubs: our HQ in Munich and Warsaw plus people working remotely. We’re currently building a brand new Growth team that will help one of our business models reach the next level of scale, impact, and profitability.
What we are doing:
The team will work exclusively on improving various KPIs across our sites and platforms in our core business model. The team will work in an iterative manner by identifying potential ways of improving metrics, setting hypotheses, experimenting, and analyzing results. You will drop ideas proven to not work by metrics without doubts in order to move forward with other ideas to grow our business further.
What you will do:
- Create and iterate on lovely looking and blazing fast frontend functionalities used directly by Westwing’s customers.
- Implement designs provided by our designers and UX/UI researchers.
- Work with the whole team to improve various KPIs by setting hypotheses, experimenting with them, and analyzing results from those tests.
- Work in the full software development life cycle: from the analysis, design up to implementing and deploying the final solution.
- Own the feature performance also after it went live. Analyze results and iterate to improve the outcome.
- Provide value to the business with the code you produce.
What we offer:
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Possibility to take responsibility early on within a new initiative.
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools, and accessories you need to feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
- Possibility to work fully remotely from anywhere as long as you are available between the hours of 9 am - 6 pm Central European Time (CET).
What we expect from you:
- Several years of experience in the frontend stack, experience in React is a plus as this is the direction we’re going in the frontend stack.
- Passion for data-driven approach. You regularly follow KPIs and are able to get the most out of them to make well-reasoned decisions and iterate to improve those through time.
- Push for shipping. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given.
- Good communication skills, very fluent English.
The optional skills we appreciate:
- Experience in working with growth, outcome, or KPI-driven teams.
- Familiarity with growth-related platforms and tools like Google Analytics, A/B testing, Optimizely, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, CI/CD pipelines.
- Dedication to testing code you and your team wrote.
Location: Munich, Warsaw or Remote
Contact Person: Markus Winkler
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation