How would you like to tell your car what you want for lunch and have it ready when you arrive? How would you like to tell Google to pay for your gas so you don’t risk having your credit card skimmed? We’re helping answer those questions through innovation.
How would you like to connect communities one by one to build the largest network of small business merchants in the mobile rewards marketplace? We’re bringing an exciting new financial service designed exclusively for community banks & credit unions.
Sionic is a leading provider of connected and mobile commerce services. Community financial institutions partner with Sionic to offer digital payments and rewards solutions that reach millions of consumers. Banks and credit unions may enhance their mobile banking applications with our SDK to give customers the ability to pay for purchases and earn rewards at big & small merchants in their community and across the country.
We are also developing ULink, the first universal linking service securely connecting consumers’ preferred digital payments with their favorite merchants. We're making it easier than ever for restaurants, gas stations, parking providers, and hotels to accept orders and payments from millions of consumers actively searching, using popular mobile apps like Google, Chrome, Maps, and Assistant.
As a Sr Platform Developer, you’ll be working alongside our development team, contractors and global, industry-leading partners to help deliver new commerce solutions and higher sales for retail, restaurant and manufacturing clients. You will also be working directly with our numerous partners to ensure a successful integration. We also rely on our developers to constantly innovate on how consumers engage in connected and mobile commerce in an advancing world of digital technology. We’ve been pioneering for many years and are thrilled to still be creating relevant technology like no one else.
We provide opportunities for developers to collaborate, learn from each other and take personal ownership of development projects and company initiatives. We foster a positive environment of diversity, teamwork and innovation that comes from information sharing and knowledge across all departments, teams and experience levels. We encourage critical thinking and challenge team members to look beyond, and consider not just what can be done today, but what’s possible in the future. Your success is our success, and we grow and innovate together.
Skills & Requirements:
- We’re hiring team members who are disciplined, passionate and excited to work in a relaxed environment
- We’re a small, diverse company and it’s really important that you mesh well in our family-like culture.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with partners in everyday and technical terms
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude
- 4+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Proven ability to develop, support and maintain partner integrations
- Experience in microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS & Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Self starter who can work independently
This position could be contract or FTE. Also on-site or remote.
Java, Tomcat, MySQL & SQL Server, ActiveMQ, Memcached, Ruby
Based in Midtown, Atlanta, GA, Sionic is a privately held company founded in 2010. Our small staff and family-style atmosphere provides an enjoyable environment. Our pioneering spirit allows us to be dynamic and work closely together to solve problems by leveraging new technologies. We encourage creativity, accountability and teamwork in a comfortable atmosphere.
We all have lives, so it’s important that you know you’re taken care of. We offer these awesome benefits especially for you:
- Flexible Schedules (based on need)
- Paid Time Off
- Work from Home Provisions (approval required)
- Ability to Work with Innovative Technology and Tech Partners
- Opportunity to Work with and Learn from Other Developers
- Flexible Family Leave
- Weekly Employee Lunches
- Weekly Employee Happy Hours
- Monthly Coworker Birthday Celebrations
- Free Beverages at Office