Conversations is Dealer Inspire's messaging platform that connects today’s car shoppers with dealerships wherever, whenever, and however they want to shop. Fast, mobile, and fully integrated with text messaging and Facebook Messenger™, Conversations uses A.I. technology and managed chat support to instantly respond to all incoming chats 24/7.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Development of new features, including adding functionality to our AI chat bot, Ana.
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated unit and integration tests.
- Taking new features through the entire development lifecycle, working in conjunction with our product owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it.
- Refactoring non-ideal portions of both our Node API and our React apps.
- Mentoring developers in your area of expertise.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of professional experience with front-end technologies; including React, Redux, Webpack.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as karma, mocha, or jest.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX).
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Professional experience working with NodeJS
- AWS Cloud Architecture experience
- Experience with working with non greenfield projects.
- Ability to surface technical debt issues and develop a plan for resolution.