As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing and architecting robust and scalable modern web solutions, partnering with leadership and product to solve complex business problems, creating ways to advance our technology suite, and implementing best engineering practices.
In this role you will:
- Build new solutions to drive sustainable and measurable value to the business by:
- Developing web applications, libraries, systems integrations and microservices
- Partnering closely with your product owner to define the technical requirements and implementation plan to satisfy the business objectives
- Actively contribute to the simplification, security, and fortification of the platform by:
- Avoiding bugs in correctness-critical areas of the code base
- Finding solutions to increase the testability, engineering ease and extendibility of services across the ecosystem
- Developing components that are well-designed, documented and tested, with a design that matches the desired architecture of the system
- Increase the productivity, predictability and throughput of the technology team by:
- Participating in, following and improving our development process
- Using good judgment when evaluating tradeoffs between speed, quality and cost
- Embracing and sharing best practices, domain knowledge, documentation and learning
- Contribute to the Forward Financing culture and serving as a positive ambassador for the technology team
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a “people first” attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Familiarity with TypeScript or other static languages preferred
- Experience architecting or developing across complex systems (service oriented architecture would be a plus)
- Experience managing data and application security requirements (including solid SQL or PostgreSQL/ relational DB experience)
- AWS and microservices experience is a plus
- Sales Force experience a plus, but not required
- Strong communication skills among engineers and stakeholders
- Experience working in a high-performing agile environment
- Experience with multi-team planning and coordination
- Experience delivering measurable business value through engineering
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with our team of small business financing experts, we deliver same-day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, we have provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com.
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social office culture, as well as wonderful engineers all over the world.
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants