Headquarters: New York & Toronto
Half Helix is a digital agency building, growing, and guiding the next generation of online companies. We work with exciting lifestyle brands such as Nike, Revlon, Mack Weldon, Soludos, Ulla Johnson, and more. We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our remote-first team. We are open to any location in North America, our main physical hubs are in New York & Toronto.
Backend Developers are responsible for implementing well tested and thoughtful solutions across a wide range of challenges. We are looking for someone that has deep experience integrating third-party platforms and following modern software design patterns. The ideal candidate has familiarity with (or a willingness to learn about) performance optimization, background queuing, unit testing, CI/CD build outs, REST/GraphQL API architecture concerns and database design best practices, to name a few topics.
We build out our backend solutions typically over Ruby On Rails or Node (Serverless or otherwise). We are known for our work with large Shopify merchants, but we seek projects that push us to solve complex problems in the general e-Commerce sphere.
We are looking for someone that has a passion for writing beautiful code in an effort to create clear and systematic solutions that speak to design and technical visions. We are looking for someone that is not scared of experimentation and challenging convention but at the same time excited about peer-review, constructive critique and collaboration.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- 3+ years of web development experience.
- 1+ years experience with Shopify as a platform. We love fast learners but some platform experience is a must.
- Expertise with either Ruby on Rails or Node. Experience with Serverless frameworks a plus.
- Experience with testing and integrating REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Great interpersonal communication skills (expect to be interfacing with clients and the internal team alike).
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
- Full health benefits
- Flexible time off
- Annual offsite in Mexico
- Education stipend
- Summer Fridays
- Great clients and experience
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/half-helix-back-end-developer-ror-node