At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. Providing best-in-breed Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is our mission, and we’re looking for experienced UX/frontend engineers to help with that.
As a member of our Design System team, you’ll build beautiful, accessible, reusable UI components that define our user experience. You’ll also collaborate daily with dedicated colleagues across North America and western Europe.
This is a full-time role at the Senior Engineer level.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product designers, engineering teams, and other stakeholders to help design and implement new features, simplify the existing codebase, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Curate the frontend component library in a complex distributed system.
- Continuously improve our user experience.
- Create documentation and guidelines for different consumers — including internal backend and frontend engineers, project managers, external clients, and CircleCI’s users.
- Help set the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building reusable frontend components that can be applied across platforms (macOS, Linux, Windows).
- Engineers with strong component and design systems knowledge. You’re not a designer, but you have an eye for typography, layout systems, and colour, plus the ability to implement these systems with JS frameworks and type systems (we use React and TypeScript, but it’s fine if you haven’t yet).
- An appreciation for writing unit and end to end tests.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an