About the role
As a Software Developer at Uvaro, you will collaborate with our talented and fast-moving team of Developers. In this role, you will play an integral part in developing a variety of internal and external tools under the Kiite and Uvaro brands. You’ll have direct input into the way our customers use our products and the way our team builds software.
If you are a passionate and creative Software Developer with some experience across the stack who welcomes challenges in fast-paced environments, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll be
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining back-end code, database schemas, APIs, models, and systems across distinct services
- Creating integrations between internal systems and third-party products
- Building and managing React components, CSS, and custom front-end code for maximum performance across an array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborating with teammates to understand user and business requirements while developing new features and improving existing ones
- Investigating and recommending best practices and approaches to code and customer-focused solutions
- Investigating issues reported by customers or internal teams, determining impact and root cause, and assisting in prioritization and remediation
- Writing quality, test-supported code and participating in peer code review
What we’re looking for
Don’t worry if you’re missing a few of the qualifications listed below - we’re particularly interested in someone that learns quickly, so if you only meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- 2+ years of professional full-stack software development experience
- Experience designing and optimizing database schemas
- Practical experience with, and understanding of, API and data-layer code
- Practical experience with building reusable and performant React components with custom CSS styling
- Familiarity with microservice structures and architecture
- Familiarity with managing infrastructure using IAC approaches
- Experience building products with a customer centric design approach
- Solid understanding of test and behaviour driven development
- Strong sense of initiative, independence and take pride in work
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent practical experience
- An interest in process improvement and Agile methodologies is a bonus
- Remote work experience is a bonus
- Start-up experience is a bonus
The Environment & Benefits
Located in Uptown Waterloo, in the Communitech Data Hub | Office is wheelchair accessible
Remote work, flex hours & unlimited vacation
100% Paid, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.