WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. You will work directly alongside a team of bright and motivated frontend engineers, under the guidance of our Frontend Engineering Manager.
Your primary role will be assisting in developing core functionality on the product. You will also help drive team discussions and decisions around processes and technologies to improve code quality, user experience and team velocity. There are many opportunities to make a significant impact and grow as an engineer.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, including Product, QA, and UX
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks using agile methodologies
- Actively drive team discussions to define and implement new technologies and coding standards
- Manage the operational deployment of a scalable front end application
- Build out new features and functionality on the WELL platform
- Write high quality, effective tests to prevent bugs and grow test coverage, in order to improve product stability, and increase team velocity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with a strong grasp of CS fundamentals
- 4+ years building web applications using several frameworks including React
- 2+ years React JS experience
- Experience with unit testing frameworks including Jest
- Deep understanding of build systems and tools such as Webpack
- Ability to translate designs into mobile friendly styles using preprocessors such as SASS
- Expertise in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Eager to solve challenging problems regarding algorithms, data structures, and web application performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
- Flux, Redux, React Hooks, React Context
- AWS services such as Cloudfront, Lambda, and S3
- Typescript or another strongly typed programming language
- Database systems such as Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Query languages such as graphQL
- Experience working with distributed teams
- A history of working with Scrum processes
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.