Headquarters: Tampa, FL (but, work anywhere!)
Here at Demio, we're currently looking to hire a Node.js Engineer to join our mission to make marketer's lives easier and happier. 🤩
is a communication platform built to help marketers
fuel growth through interactive events.
With our platform, companies can generate leads, filter prospects, perform group demos, host engaging sales presentations, integrate with their CRM, view advanced webinar reporting, track conversions, and more. It’s truly
unlike any other product on the market.
As a young bootstrapped company, we have tons of amazing users and we're adding great companies every single month. A wonderful product experience is our primary focus here at Demio. 😎 From the brand message, to the customer support, to the onboarding process, to the engineering itself, we're constantly working hard to make it all a delightful experience.
While the webinar, web-communication space has been around for a while and continues to grow, we believe that we’re creating an entirely new segment in the market and doing it in a simple way.
Here's what a few of our engineering team have recently said 👇:
"One of the best parts about working for Demio has been how much they've invested in my growth, inside and outside of work. They've given me everything I need to thrive, on and off the job. They truly care about my success and well being." - Lucas J. (Front End Engineer, 3.5 years with Demio)
"Here's one of the more prominent themes I've experienced firsthand during my time at Demio: meaningful growth.
I'm not referring to the kind that's related to a company's bottom line or any other industry metric (though our growth in that regard is indeed meaningful and not just driven by marketing spend)—but rather, meaningful growth as it relates to each unique individual who makes up our diverse team.
Each of us is encouraged to explore areas of interest, push boundaries, and take initiatives with newfound opportunities—all with the right nudges along the way." - Henry R. (Product Design, 2.5 years with Demio)
"What I enjoy the most is the freedom of working remotely and the collaborative process for creating the platform features.
I also like the challenge of using new Web technologies for real-time multimedia communication in multiple devices and platforms." - Miguel S. (Senior Front End Engineer, 2 years with Demio)
About the Position:
Our team is small, but nimble 🤓. We have 12 success team members, 4 engineers, a QA team member, a product designer, a product admin, a director of marketing, a creative designer, and 2 founders. As a company, we love to employ and work with great people, and we're hoping you might be the right addition to our amazing team!
While the founders are based in Tampa, FL, we’re dedicated to building our company with a remote-based work environment meaning our entire team is remote, and we are happy to offer the ability to work from anywhere in the world through our systems in Slack, Clubhouse, Intercom, Notion and GitHub. We'll do everything we can to make a stress free, easy to navigate operation inside so your role is just as simple as our platform!
Not only will you be remote, but you get to work with a team that is hungry, smart, and eager to make an impact. As a key member of the engineering team, your work will never go unnoticed. Your work will always make large waves 🌊 in the company.
But hey, we also like to have fun 🙌; we understand that building a company is quite the journey, and it can be incredibly hard, so we believe that it’s important to enjoy the moments along the way (coffee calls and virtual games, anyone?).
We want someone to join our team who truly desires to make an impact, is a great communicator, and is constantly striving to grow/improve. Of course, being remote means you won't be micro-managed and you should be highly responsible for your actions, be reliable, focused on output and results and understand that great companies are built one small step at a time.
We want to be joined by someone that shares our same vision for a product-centric and customer-centric business. Someone that is willing to join us on our journey to change the way that businesses communicate, market, and sell online. Someone that is process-oriented and driven by seeing our customers find a product that delivers results.
Your prime responsibility will be creating and improving our webinar room backend codebases to create a fluid webinar masterpiece.
Ability to work remotely with your own computer and high-speed internet connection (can travel and work - just need to make sure you'll be set up!)
- Ability to communicate with fluent English
- Understanding of the general use cases of webinars - you've run them before, attended, or helped build a webinar prior! Understanding our customers will be key 🔑
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working with Node.js
- Understanding and practical usage of software engineering practices like Clean Architecture, Domain-Driven Design, SOLID
- Required experience with/in HTTP protocol, Web-sockets, and worker threads for stronger application scalability (we're looking to grow sessions while being efficient across the board)
- Experience with Building stateless applications
- Experience with RESTful API's and JW Tokens
- Experience with MongoDB and Redis
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Not required, but a huge plus: Experience with TypeScript, Docker, AWS
- Not required, but a huge plus: Experience with real-time communication systems and experience with WebRTC
Real excitement to see customer wins, successful webinars run, and great feedback
- The drive to learn and grow every day
What does your average day look like in Demio?
Log in to your Slack app when you start the day and high five the team already on 🤝! Our team is all over the world, but we're always overlapping hours working together to innovate and move the company forward.
Review any team updates or celebrations in Slack from your teammates and any asynchronous communications left through the day. Communication is always key here in a fast-moving company!
You'll have the ability to organize a schedule that works best for you, but start by reviewing current projects, workflows and deadlines. Maybe you're in the process of working with our Senior Front End Engineer on a 6-week product cycle or starting on a new sprint.
Log into Clubhouse and Github, review any ongoing project feedback for that week and review with your team what's in that cycle. You can check in with our Director of Engineering to organize any priorities or review the next upcoming projects. Once you complete a task or ticket, you’ll want to commit those branches to Github and then launch them to our Staging environment.
Our QA lead can then head over and test the ticket in staging once complete and make sure things are looking right. Move that ticket over, once approved, and we’re on to the next big win!
It'll be important that you keep communication with the team, QA, and support on what’s going on and where!
Once a week, we'll review the ongoing experiments as a team, review department KPI’s and any major issues. And if it’s a Friday, we might grab some drinks, gather together as a team on Demio, and cheers to a great week!
More details about the position:
This will start as a full-time role within our team, reporting to the Director of Engineering. This shift wouldn't have any specific set hours, but we would want to make sure we have some overlap schedule in the EST time zone. This will be important to sync up with the Leadership team and other members in the product or engineering.
We’re open to any time zone, as long as you can fulfill it!
The payment for this position will be based on experience and your background, but we’ll be very transparent on our initial calls to see if this is a fit.
But, we'll also be there to support you with our benefit programs
- Part of Demio's values is supporting your growth and development outside of work and we want to help you seek out ways to find balance in your mind, body and soul. Earn $250/month for any of the following items: Books, courses, gym, food, a meditation app, mentoring, or language learning reimbursement
As a Demio team member, we encourage you to take time to recharge, explore, and travel the world. 😎 You'll have access to 10 days of PTO after your first 3-months, earning 2-more days each year. We also offer Paid Parental leave, Sick leave, COVID leave, and a 4-day work week program once a quarter.
- Co-working space reimbursement if you need to get out of the home office
- Earning $1,000 in a set-up stipend to upgrade your equipment and another upgrade stipend after 2 years.
- Full travel, lodging, and fun at our (hopefully) in-person Annual team retreat
- Working with a truly mission-driven team motivated by excellence
- Real room for growth in professional and personal development
What to do next:
If this sounds exciting to you and you think working with an awesome company sounds great, let’s talk.
Shoot us a reply to hiring@Demio.com
in your subject line, and we’ll set up an interview.
Here’s what we’ll look for in the email:
- A short overview of why you think Demio might be the right fit for you (what is it about us that stands out)
- A résumé is cool but not necessary, feel free to include any and all recommendations from past colleagues or employers (LinkedIn works :D )
- Send over a quick review of work you’ve done or developed with relation to the stack above. Any open source projects including GitHub Repo’s work as well.
- Explain a bit about why you got into engineering? What drives you to continue your growth?
- Tell us about you personally, stuff you’re into – what your goals are, where you are in life and where you want to be in life. This may not be your dream job, but who knows maybe we can work together to help it become so!
BONUS: Include a video of yourself telling us a little bit about yourself – just post it on Vimeo/YouTube/etc. This will greatly increase your chances of an interview! :)
Take your time to articulate your thoughts, there’s no prize for submitting quickly. This is simply a great way for us to learn about your ability to market, communicate, and be thoughtful. If you're missing these questions, you will not be added to our initial review. 😭
That’s it 🙏! We look forward to meeting you!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/demio-node-js-engineer-with-a-top-remote-first-company