Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for a professionally-rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking an experienced, sharp Full Stack Developer (Angular) to join our team to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
Our office is located in sunny Los Angeles, CA. This position is available for fully-remote (US ONLY) or partially remote (a few days in the office) or in our LA Office. (As of December 2020, our team is working remotely, and we expect to reopen the office when it is safe to do so in 2021.) If you will be working remotely, you should have previous remote work experience, be physically present in the US, and must overlap US/Pacific time during the workday by at least 4 hours.
- Work as part of a project team to build responsive websites and web applications.
- Help to plan, design, and create web applications using Angular and REST APIs.
- Help to plan, design, and create websites, using open source web content management systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- Although we have a primary office in LA, we're also a partially distributed team. If you feel comfortable using tools like Slack, Zoom (web conferencing), and case tracking, you'll fit right in.
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- 3+ years experience with Angular.
- Experience with REST / JSON API development and connectivity.
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar front-end framework.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Good understanding of mobile-first design.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Experience with Gatsby, React, or Vue.js is a plus.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL is a plus.
- Experience with AWS DevOps is a plus.
- Experience building websites with Drupal or WordPress is a plus.
- Flexible to work on multiple projects within a given week.
- Bachelor's degree, any field.
- You've worked successfully as part of a team.
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Developer, Senior Developer, Senior Technologist, Director.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 23 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA's best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We're the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and web apps. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design, and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- We have a clearly-defined project management methodology and case management system. We strive to be the most organized environment in which you've ever worked. (If we're not, then we can learn from you!)
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 7.6 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 19 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We offer a remote work policy.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 95% of the time.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, multiple monitors, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water, and snacks while you work.
- We have weekly events to encourage participation (remote, post-COVID). These include:
- Lightning Demos: Four team members each present for 5 minutes on a topic about which they are passionate.
- Developer Lunch & Learns: In-depth sessions for developers to focus on a specific topic and learn from peers. Sometimes these are programming challenges.
- Game Night: Compete against your peers for bragging rights.
- Happy Hour: Catch up with your colleagues. (On-hold during COVID.)
- We have regular code review sessions where developers have an opportunity to learn from their peers in a collaborative environment.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station.
- We have many training opportunities. If you seek to earn an approved certification, we'll pay for it once you earn it.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary (benchmarked using Payscale) which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and credentials. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Paid sick leave.
- An annual, customized training plan.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you are interested in working with us, please apply on this website using the form on this page.
A good introduction letter really gets our attention. Please tell us why we'd be a good fit for your skills.