Undefined LLC is hiring a full-time, full-stack React / Node developer to work on our customer-facing and internal websites and web applications. Say goodbye to the agency or freelance rat race - you’ll be working exclusively on a small number of company-led projects and initiatives.
So what types of projects will you be working on?
- A custom e-commerce site built in React and Next, powered on the back-end by Firebase and WordPress
- A custom admin dashboard for a native app with more than 250,000 user accounts and 5,000 daily users, built in React and Next, and powered by Firebase
- A shopify e-commerce site with a custom theme built on Shopify’s themekit and React
- An app microsite built in React and Next, powered by Firebase
- Various landing pages and microsites generally built in React and Next, powered by Firebase and/or WordPress as a CMS
- Internal reporting and communication tools like Slack bots
Our Tech Stack
- Did we mention we use React and Firebase...a lot?
- Node - it powers a lot of our servers and serverless functions
- Typescript - you have to know how to code in typescript
- SCSS - things have to look pretty if you do any FED work
- React Native, Swift, or Kotlin - any experience with these is a plus
- GraphQL - we're moving to it, so you should know how to use it
The Daily Grind
What’s a typical day for an Undefined developer? We work in sprints; so, you’ll be in daily communication with your dev team members and leadership. But we also work like animals; so, you’ll be free to focus on getting your work done. Your week will begin with a Sprint Planning Meeting, you’ll have daily stand-ups during the week, and it will end on Friday with a Sprint Review.
Though most of your time during the week will be working on code, you’ll have the opportunity to step up regularly (if that’s your thing) and be involved in higher-level design and direction decisions. We say “if that’s your thing” because some people love that, others don’t. And we want you focused mostly on what you love.
But What Am I Really Doing?
It depends. Maybe we need a slackbot to allow customer service to quickly solve tickets without having to jump between multiple platforms. Maybe we need to move app logic from client-side to the server and build out an API. Maybe we need a design built out into react components.
This is why we need a full-stack developer - you'll touch all different areas of our businesses and tech stack. Sounds like fun, yeah?
More About Our Tech Stack
You must know React and Firebase (Functions, Firestore, RTDB - at the very least). We use React heavily in our front end development. You must also be strong - not "I've tried it", but "I've used it in real projects" strong - with Typescript. We currently use SCSS modules in React, so you should be comfortable with SCSS even if you want to convince us that something better exists.
You should know how to build Express apps or lambda/serverless functions, and how to interact with GraphQL and/or REST APIs. If you have experience in Swift, Kotlin, or React Native, that's a plus.
What You Need To Qualify
This is a full-time position or contract-to-hire position depending on your situation and needs. To qualify:
- Must be a US citizen or resident alien
- Proven work experience as full-stack developer with React & Typescript (we'll need code examples or Github links)
- Proficiency working in git and terminal
- A portfolio and/or repo of actual work experience
How To Apply
Send us your details - we need to see your work and resume or similar doc. We’ll reach out to qualified candidates via email to ask some questions or for a phone conversation.