The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Tech Lead Frontend (m/f/d) to lead our new Interior Design technology team. In this position, you will lead a cross-functional team of software engineers that builds web applications with a focus on the customer, helping inspire and delivering personalized next-level interior ideas from our creative team directly to the customer.
You will work closely with Product managers on planning and estimating feature-development. If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide the best in class user experience and help Westwing become a market leader, our team would be a great place for you. As a technical lead, you will help your teammates improve their skills, mentor, and support during working on projects. Guiding colleagues, organizing cross-team communications, helping preparing project documentation, implementing scrum practices – just a few responsibilities for a day-to-day workflow.
Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working fully remotely (even outside Germany) is also possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
Your responsibilites will be:
- Establishing and executing the technical vision of your team in collaboration with the team, business stakeholders, and your Engineering Manager
- Organize development processes, drive improvements, lead by example
- Breaking down complex tasks, provide estimations together with the team, ensure high code and the product quality
- Coaching and mentoring your team members and support their career development
- Directly contribute to the development of the projects and stay up to date with technology trends
- Working closely with the business team, helping building software to streamline the processes and enabling them to do more
- Ensuring your service is well tested, architected, meets our coding standards, and has proper logging, monitoring, and alerting
You come with:
- Experience in leading the team. You know how to build a productive team and iterate to deliver the best results.
- Extensive React expertise. Typescript is a plus.
- Passion for shipping. CI/CD is a must, you trust your pipelines and love improving it.
- The best tool for the job mentality. You are not a zealot and truly believe in the best tool for the job approach. You aren’t afraid to try something new and introduce new tech and concepts.
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others. People like to work with you.
- A cutting-edge tech-stack. React, Redux, Typescript, Styled Components on the frontend of an isomorphic/universal application with microfrontend architecture
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A remote-first set up. The company has transitioned to a remote work set up and plan to keep it as the main working mode. You are free to visit the office if you like, but you don’t have to if you don’t! All the processes are set up in a way that enables efficient remote work you will not feel missing out if you are working remotely.
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events, and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out. At the moment most of the activities are remote due to the restrictions but we’ll also add offline activities once the world is sane again.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- Choose your work equipment and tools. Are you a Mac? Great. A PC? Fine with us. Choose the computer, accessories, editors, and tools which make you the most comfortable.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
Location: Munich or remote
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.