Headquarters: United States
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented and experienced producer to join our agency team. The Producer role at Modern Tribe organizes and strategizes project execution and customer management needs. Producers manage their projects and customers, and guide project strategy alongside their Creative and Engineering Leads during discovery and ideation. This requires a broad understanding of business strategy, software/website development, and technology. If you have experience Overseeing the lifecycle of multiple projects, from inception to launch and beyond and have executed projects between 100k – 1M+ for world renowned brands drop us a line.
For this role specifically, you should feel comfortable wrangling a chaotic digital media project into an organized one. You should ask lots of questions and feel a need to. We are hoping you will not just project manage, but understand the project, the business goals and engage in the technology enough to be able to anticipate scope, budget and timeline challenges.
Your primary responsibility is to organize and strategize project execution and customer management needs. We pride ourselves on our projects arriving on time, on scope, on budget with a happy team and customer. You will create confidence through organization and oversee communication. To do this, you will need to:
- Oversee the lifecycle of multiple projects, from inception to launch and beyond.
- Create and maintain project plans, budget reports, and identify and work with the team to mitigate project risks and resolve project issues.
- Set expectations for the team in terms of project timing and prioritization of tasks
- Work with other team leads and the Delivery Team to resource projects appropriately.
- Translate requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Create and own the project roadmap, backlog and sprint plans, and work with team members to estimate features.
- Review and sign off on features, sprint demos, and prototypes.
- Track project status: what’s done, what’s left to do, and risks.
- Own the customer relationship, along with your Creative Lead and Technical Lead, steering the client through the project lifecycle and setting expectations.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge + Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working as a PM, ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience with agile and waterfall management styles
- Experience producing large CMS powered websites
- Experience with WordPress
- A whiz when it comes to online collaboration tools. You feel at home when we talk about Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Docs, Dropbox, Jira, TeamGantt or any number of online PM tools
- Experience managing projects with budgets of at least $100k ($250k preferred)
- Understanding the lifecycle of digital projects
- Experience translating requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Able to build, spec, and maintain a backlog
- Experience leading teams
- Working understanding of digital technologies (web and mobile)
- Deep and profound love for spreadsheets and documentation
- Comfort presenting and leading enterprise stakeholders
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- Experience with enterprise level web development projects
- Design Experience– UX, visual, or brand
- Business Analyst (gathering and documenting requirements) and/or UI/UX Wireframing experience.
- Experience with enterprise level web development and ecommerce projects
This role is open to freelance contractors and is approximately 20-25 hours per week. Hourly rate range is USD $50-$65 per hour commensurate with background, qualifications and experience.
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A Freelancer