ABOUT THE POSITION
At Agrian we provide innovative web and mobile technology solutions for the world’s farming, food, and ag retail companies that allow our users to grow their crops more safely, profitably, and sustainably.
If you want to work for an organization that is full of smart, passionate people who are excited about revolutionizing the way digital technology can help transform agriculture, apply now! Headquartered in Clovis, California, we employ over 130 full time team members from regulatory personnel, client support, software development and sales/admin professionals. We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility.
Agrian is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to create robust, scalable backend services. You’ll play a key role in designing and implementing APIs for mobile and web clients and architecting and implementing services for an exciting new product. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work across different development stacks and influence product decisions.
- You will develop, deploy, and own new features and functionality.
- Work to continuously improve the codebase by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary.
- Create and maintain serverless services on AWS utilizing Lambda and other Amazon Web Services products.
- Work with your team to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, designers, and product managers to build new features thoughtfully.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical field involving software development (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with large code bases with significant complexity.
- Strong understanding of the benefits of automated testing and a desire to create test automation as a critical part of the software development process.
- Experience architecting software solutions on AWS. AWS solutions architect, devops, or developer certifications a plus.
- Understand functional programming principles or be interested in learning more about them. Experience with Ramda.js a plus.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle.
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional groups.
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for tens of thousands of users is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel can be approximately 25-50%
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment Type: Full Time
Functional Area: Non-Management