This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the role
As a Frontend Marketing Engineer you’ll be working with the product and marketing teams to shape the face of Kraken, building a site that represents our core values, and helps us better understand our clients experience. You’ll be working with modern tools like React to develop reusable components, and integrating them into a CMS system to give non-technical team members the power to update and manage content on their own. Our platform presents unique challenges and requirements, needing to support multiple languages and locales with the plan to scale into more, while also being security sensitive. We’re looking for developers who can move fast and not break things, with a passion for shipping high quality sites and a desire to deeply understand the tools and frameworks they are using.
- Working with product and design to implement a high quality and elegant facade
- Optimizing our marketing site for performance and search to maximize client reach across devices and geographies, helping to bring crypto to the masses
- Supporting marketing and product in implementing and executing data measurement strategies to help better understand the client experience
- Creating a platform that is easy to maintain and update for non-technical members of the team, while integrating leading web technologies
- Building a website to support numerous localities, recognizing that crypto has no borders and neither do we
- Thinking securely and being thoughtful. As the first line of defence it’s important to stay up-to-date with modern security practices and vulnerabilities as they are revealed
- Passion for automation as a tool to improve process and products
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team based environment
- Proficient use of Git source control, including branching, merging and rebasing
- A thorough knowledge of React best practises
- Experience with CSS3 and implementing CSS animations
- Experience using the Sass preprocessor to maintain scalable stylesheets
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Experience running applications with Docker and Docker-Compose
- Experience with CMS systems like Drupal and Wordpress
- Experience working with TypeScript projects
- Experience configuring and optimizing Webpack builds
- Experience implementing analytics event tracking and dynamic custom dimensions/metrics
- Experience setting up automated data extractions from APIs
- Experience working with PHP projects
- Experience with Nginx
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.