A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great frontend engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our Mortgage Engine Engineering Team, you will be building internal tools to maximize operational efficiency and enhance customer experience.
- You have extensive experience with React, Ember, Angular, Vue or other modern JS frameworks (React preferred)
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- Your interpersonal skills allow you to effectively collaborate cross functionally with with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- You have a keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re passionate about shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- 6+ years of experience working as a front end engineer
- We do continuous deployment and we ship code 50-100 times every day
- Our tech stack is React and Node.js
- We use TypeScript and Python for services
- Redshift for our data warehouse, Postgres for the production databases
- Kubernetes, for deployment and devops
- AWS for infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, Redshift, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
- The tech team is currently 200+ engineers and growing quickly
- Erik Bernhardsson (CTO) used to run the data team and the music recommendation team at Spotify. He is the open source author of a few popular projects like Annoy and Luigi and writes a blog about (mostly) data