Codeable connects a community of elite WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed, or optimized. We’re the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 500 freelance developers and teams, delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and to create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites, whether that’s for developers, clients, or partners. Building the technology for the platform is where you come in.
- Collaborating within our product team to develop new features, fix bugs and reduce technical debt (you will be involved in the whole application lifecycle)
- Defining and communicating technical requirements
- Building high-quality systems that can be (re)used and extended in the future
- Helping set the design/architectural guidelines to make sure our codebase is improving
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing production issues
- 5+ years of production experience with AngularJS.
- Experience building & growing responsive web applications.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using the latest AngularJS best practices.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Creating custom, general use modules, and components that extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed.
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets (npm, Webpack, or similar).
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Solid experience working with WebSockets (we use Pusher, but that’s not a requirement).
- In-depth experience of writing tests: unit, e2e, etc.
- Solid understanding and experience of Git (branching workflows, managing conflicts, etc).
- Strong interest in continued (personal and professional) development (learning new technologies and programming languages).
- Good communication skills (English) and willingness to improve. We value quality over quantity.
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment, with a high degree of personal autonomy and responsibility.
- Experience with migration of AngularJS projects to other frameworks (Angular, Vue, ...).
- Familiarity with Google Cloud services.
- Experience with using Docker.
- Experience with using and deploying to Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Kanban methodology (we’re using a tool called Kanbanize).
- WordPress experience is a plus (since that's the ecosystem we operate within as a business).
Remote (Codeable is fully distributed with ~20 full-time employees), however, you are required to be in a time zone between UTC -1 and UTC +3 (time zone map for reference
). The rest of the product team operates in these time zones, and you will be collaborating closely on a day to day basis.
Please include your resume, salary expectations, and let us know why you’re the one for us, and why we’re the one for you, in the covering message that you send.
The application period ends on January 3rd. We’ll then review the applications received during the week of January 4th to 8th, and will contact you the following week if we want to take you forwards. The process will include regular interviews with various team members, along with some practical tests.
We’re looking for someone who can start soon after the interviews are done (start of February / mid-March).